The Nasfaad Guy

 Akshay looks into the phone and with a nod marches towards the table 

Akshay: Hi, Akshay here

Mira: Are you okay with court marriage?

Akshay(Eyes popped): Excuse me! ..well..

Mira: See there is no point talking further if we don't agree on this

Akshay: Okay..such a meaningful conversation..

Mira: The answer...

Akshay: Perfect! Even I am fascinated by judges in black robes with white wigs. This would be my golden chance to meet one..

Mira: Off white..

Akshay: Sorry!

Mira: Nevermind.. 

But they dont wear it anymore.

Akshay: Then what's the point of court marriage!


(Mira murmers to herself "seems like a joker"

(Waiter Arrives)

Akshay: Hello! One frappe with two scoops of icecream for me..vanilla would be fine and strawberry for the lady..

Mira: No thanks. One black coffee for me.

Akshay( gulps air) : Do people really drink that? I thought it is just a symbolic ..

Mira : Symbolic of?

Akshay: That hey I am a very serious person, no nonsense with me!

Mira (splits with laughter)

I could have never guessed you are a doctor had I not read your profile.

Akshay : Oh really! But what do you do? I didn't read yours. Just saw your passport size pic, found it fine and came over..

Mira(Peeved) : That's so mean !

Akshay (surprised): But I said I liked your pic!

Mira : I don't know what to say..

Akshay( smiles reassuringly): Hey, It's okay if you don't do anything.. many of my friends are unemployed..we still hang out together 

Mira: Excuse me! I am an entrepreneur. I run a chain of boutiques..' Classique" , if you have heard the name..

Akshay: Wow ! So you can stitch my wedding sherwani !

Mira: I said entrepreneur, not tailor. But I can get it done of course. How do you want it?

Akshay ( blushing): I think let parents finalise the date first then we will discuss the details..hehe

Mira: Uff! I just asked as a boutique owner.

Nevermind. 

( sipping coffee) Why arranged marriage ? 

Akshay: I wanted love marriage only but everygirl I loved and proposed, rejected me so I had no option but to see you..I mean go for arranged marriage. 

Mira : Are you done with your coffee, I think we can pay and leave

Akshay: Oh no, I start drinking only when the whole of icecream melts into the coffee. That is when your taste buds get the best of it..still time.

Mira : Actually..I have a meeting..

Akshay : But I left the hospital for this meeting and will go without pay for a day, how can you leave!

Mira : Okay fine..

Hmm..( starts tapping the table and looks here and there)

To be conti..




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Campus

Black Coffee

broken beauty!