Messy Homes

Spick and span

That's what my home was

When we were just two

Without the kid 


With the baby around 

I had no time 

To dewrinkle the sheets

Or unknot the chimes 


Then the kids grew up 

And scattered stuff

At all places possible

Not certainly the right one 


The guests gave looks

That I refused to decipher

When not an inch of sofa

Seemed free to sit 


I would just exclaim

The kids you see!

They smiled and consoled 

But judgements never ceased 


I would think to myself

It will be fine someday

When they grow up

White carpets and glass vase! 


Then they bid adieu 

Their rooms emptied

We were two again

The house ,exquisite and clean 


No littering , no colors on walls

No wheels lying alongside the small car

It's perfect and lifeless in this pretty dome

I miss that messy home

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Campus

Black Coffee