The Nasfaad Guy( Part 2)

 

Akshay : Hey! Even I am interested in music.. we can have jugalbandi nights after marriage. I think we are complementing each other perfectly. What say!


(Mira takes a sigh and pushes herself back in chair and takes a deep breath)

Mira ( Almost shouting): Has anyone ever told you that you are really 'irritating' like you know ..you justify the existence of this word And a master of gibberish..your jokes if they are jokes at all are ill timed..you come to meet a girl for the purpose of marriage just by looking at the pic ! Are you kidding me and how crazy should I be to sit in front of you ... you a sakshaat Sit down comedian !.. waiting for your bl@@dy icecream to melt in that frappe !

(And suddenly there is a thud and a person on the other table collapses. The hotel staff runs towards the table and calls out for any doctor among the visiters. Akshay approaches the person quickly. He observes him closely, his pulse and heart and gives a CPR. The person gaines consciousness. He calls up the ambulance and directs the person accompanying with some instructions and returns to the table. The restaurant echoes with an applause.)

Akshay: So, what were you saying..you hadn't finished I guess..

(Mira impressed and somehow not able to utter words. He calls the waiter and pays the bill.)

Akshay( smiles): I am done with coffee. So you are free now and by the way it was nice meeting you!

(They exchange a glance. Akshay leaves. Mira leaves after a while.)


Scene Change. 

( Mira is with a person in the same restaurant. The guy is well suited . Both are having black coffee. Suddenly her eyes fall on Akshay who is with three of his friends. Mira approaches after bidding a sudden adieu to the other person. )

Mira : Hi! 

Akshay: Hey ! Meet my..

Mira : Your unemployed friends..?

Akshay( Embarrassed) - Hmm..no..I guess they are just made for higher things. 

( Friends curse Akshay and leave the table to sit on the next table after exchanging greetings with Mira. The table is almost conjoined and they are hearing the conversation)

Mira: Oh by the way, I got some sherwani designs for your wedding.. would your friends also want to see..

Friend: What the hell, he is getting married and didn't tell us..

(They leave after swearing)

Akshay: So revenge time !

Mira: Oh no..

( Waiter arrives.)

Mira: Hi! One cold coffee with 2 scoops of vanilla icecream for Sir..Right! And 2 scoops of strawberry for me..

Akshay: Well Okay! What happened to black coffee..

Mira: I thought let's leave aside symbolism today..

Akshay: So how this change of heart?

Mira : I can ask you the same question! Moving beyond passport size pics...I believe you visited my boutique. 

Akshay ( laughing )- Hahaa..I can't deny. I was slightly intrigued. 

But I must confess you know that day you threw me off with your first question. I am a cardiologist and know how to safeguard my heart from such blitzkrieg..

Mira: Wow! By gibberish! 

Akshay: Yeah humor rescues surprisingly..

Mira :But... sorry to make it awkward in the first place.

Akshay: No No. It's okay really. It was fun indeed.

By the way I have a premium version of truecaller.

Mira( Anxious) : Ohh....kay..

Akshay: So people calling from random numbers don't get away that easily..!

Mira ( Hiding that smile)- I think we can order something to eat as well.

Akshay: Yeah sure! 

But why court marriage..

Mira: I just feel the whole process and rituals are a big fuss.. entertaining guests and people ..most of whom yo've never met before and wouldn't meet again..and a big waste of money of course. And honestly more than agreement on court marriage I want to marry someone who fundamentally thinks like me..

Akshay: But may be there are people beyond immediate family who would want to be a part of your life changing day. People who care for you..May be 

...I wouldn't want to discount them completely. 

Mira : Hmm.. point taken..

Akshay: You come here often it seems or have you made it the matrimonial adda!

Mira: That's funny.. what about you!

Akshay: The second time..

Mira: Not obviously expecting me..right?

Akshay: Hahaha

Not expecting but ..may be hoping.

Mira: So you could have called me back.. if you knew the numbers weren't random..

Akshay : You started with the mystery game. I thought I shouldn't ruin it.

Mira : ohkay..

Akshay: And as a doctor I don't lead my patients my way. I let them speak their heart out and then start my work..my professional etiquette falls on my personal life too..

Mira: So have I spoken my heart out yet doc?

(Akshay looks into her eyes and bends a little)

Akshay: You are getting there..

Mira : Yea..h..

Akshay (looks around): Hey it's thundering. Might start raining anytime. The roads are clogged already.. would you want to leave.. 

( She looks around and then at Akshay who is waiting for an answer. The restaurant lights up the night candles. )

Mira :Well..the icecream hasn't completely melted into the coffee yet....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Campus

Black Coffee

broken beauty!