The lock and the key( True story)

 

We had recently shifted into a new house and my parents were visiting. This was last year. My father goes for morning walk everyday. The next day while we sat to have dinner he asked me to hand over the key of the main door to him. I was curious and enquired further. He told me the door being locked he couldn't go for the morning walk that day. Government accomodations can be challenging in mischievous ways. This was an old construction and the door had turned obstinate with time to the extent that during my pregnancy I had shut it by mistake while going to the lawns and had to wait for an hour for someone to come and push it open so that I could enter the room. I told my dad that the door wasn't locked. He didn't agree and was so confident that it  was . He said that he had tried a lot of times to open it but couldn't. I had no option and stood up and banged the door. I then asked him to open it. He tried. It was difficult but then he knew that it would open eventually. It took him a couple of attempts and he opened it. Well, he was surprised too and then he said he had probably tried the same way or harder in the morning too. Both of us smiled. 


This trivial incident turned out to be a big life lesson for me though. Dad couldn't open the door because midway he assumed that the door could be locked. This happens in life too. When faced with a problem, if we start doubting whether it can actually be solved or not our efforts get affected adversely. Lot of invisible factors and assumptions make us weak. But if we know for sure that we can crack it, we will eventually. Dad opened the door in lesser time then he had spent in the morning because he knew it wasn't locked. 

Doubt tends to cloud mind. 

So when a problem strikes, BELIEVE first that a solution exists and you shall surely find one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Campus

Black Coffee

broken beauty!