Random thoughts

 While we stopped at the traffic signal this morning, we spotted a frail old man in tethered clothes meandering between  vehicles. He was begging for money from people or may be for some luck from the heaven, whatever you may call it. He was at a little distance but I took out a note from my purse and a packet of biscuit and kept it ready so that I may hand that over to him as soon as he approaches. He was knocking the windows of the cars but in vain. Few seconds were left for the light to turn green and he was few seconds away too. But dispirited by cold eyes on the road, he changed his direction suddenly and crossed over to the other side..when he was just few seconds away. I kept the money inside.

This happens in life too, isn't it! May be opportunities are sitting somewhere waiting for us with open arms as desperate for us as we are for it but we just fail to reach them. 

It was a dear friend's birthday and while I searched for fancy words to wish her over phone , all that was ringing in my mind was 'May you reach the door you are looking for'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Campus

Black Coffee

Messy Homes